|Data Infrastructure Developer : : Job DescriptionTwo Roads is aiming to be a leader in the FinTech space and is well-poised to do this. Two Roads DevOps/Infrastructure Team comprises the engineers who keep the engine running under the hood, as we race ahead of our competition.
We are Two Roads!
A fast-paced work environment. Hard problems to solve. Some of the smartest people you will ever meet.
What are we up to?
Our core competency is mathematical modeling and computer science. We invest heavily in technology, developing in-house trading models and applications that keep us at the forefront of the industry. We take pride in offering employees a challenging career environment with incredible incentives/perks. We believe our culture and people are our most valuable assets
- Understanding of basic algorithms and data structures, complexity analysis and software design
- Deep understanding of Unix/Linux systems – shell, system calls, networking
- Familiarity with running Web services at scale and building scalable infrastructure for the same
- Proficient in one or more of: C++, Python/perl and Bash Scripting
- Ability to quickly grasp and adapt to diverse technology environments
- Prior experience with AWS ecosystem
Team culture and communication are things which can really set apart an average software engineer from an awesome one. You have the following qualities :
- You are an excellent communicator of ideas, both verbal and written
- You take initiatives and do not depend on hand holding for implementing things which can make a great impact
- You are able to work coherently with a diverse set of engineers
- A team player who takes full responsibility for certain components and works effectively with a geographically-distributed team
- You will responsible for building and maintaining a robust and scalable distributed job queue system.
- You will be developing systems, to look after hundreds of GBs of data, maintaining sanity and building systems to run jobs on such large volume of data smoothly and efficiently.
- You will also be handling the AWS servers and their provisioning, management and troubleshooting.
- You will be working closely with the data science team , and building systems to run huge distributed data driven jobs on cluster swiftly, and ensuring consistency and scalability.
Perks and Benefits:
- Competitive base salary!
- Four weeks paid vacation during the year
- Attractive perks like daily paid lunches, food allowance, transportation arrangement to/from work
- Excellent work environment with a bright, young, dynamic team and a flat organization founded by experts in Finance.
To apply for this position, please email jobs [ at ] tworoads [ dot ] co [ dot ] in ( i.e. jobs AT our-website-domain ) with your resume, cover letter and mentioning the profile of interest.