How would you like to work on a team that’s a driving force in the changing financial landscape? How would you feel knowing that the work you do everyday is effecting change in the world? At qplum, you can be an agent of change by using your advanced skill set to help us democratize investment opportunities for all retail investors. Assist us in creating transparency in the investment space, which has hitherto been cloaked in shadows and secret. We are driven by the belief that financial freedom is for everyone, and not just a select few.
About the role:
qplum is looking for a self-starting engineer who wants to shape the next generation of investment experience on the Web. We value passion, community involvement and code that stands out. The role requires you to build a distributed scalable system that can crunch high and medium frequency financial data on a daily basis, to generate, simulate, and execute our trading strategies. You will contribute to the design and development of the cloud infrastructure which will help in conducting and executing our financial studies and trading efficiently.
- Design and develop large-scale, in-production, distributed load balancing system to generate, simulate and execute our trading strategies.
- Develop capacity and monitoring plans for the services you write.
- Write maintainable code with extensive test coverage, working in a professional software engineering environment (with source control, dev/stage/prod release cycle, continuous deployment)
- Collaborate across the company to define, design and build and improve critical backend infrastructures.
- Tackle complex problems in distributed computing, fault tolerant storage, and more.
- Experience with building scalable distributed systems for atleast 2-3 years.
- You know how to ship code in fast, iterative cycles
- Understanding of basic algorithms and data structures, complexity analysis and software design
- Proficiency in software development, following good production practices
- Proficient in one or more of: C++, Python/Perl
- Ability to quickly grasp and adapt to diverse technology environments
- Prior experience with AWS ecosystem
- Understanding of Unix/Linux systems – shell, system calls, networking will be a plus.
Team culture and communication are things which can really set apart an average software engineer from an awesome one. You have the following qualities :
- You are an excellent communicator of ideas, both verbal and written
- You take initiatives and do not depend on hand holding for implementing things which can make a great impact
- You are able to work coherently with a diverse set of engineers
- A team player who takes full responsibility for certain components and works effectively with a geographically-distributed team.
Perks and Benefits:
- Competitive base salary!
- Four weeks paid vacation during the year
- Attractive perks like daily paid lunches, food allowance, transportation arrangement to/from work
- Excellent work environment with a bright, young, dynamic team and a flat organization founded by experts in Finance.
- International business visits
To apply for this position, please email jobs [ at ] tworoads [ dot ] co [ dot ] in ( i.e. jobs AT our-website-domain ) with your resume, cover letter and mentioning the profile of interest.